Thursday, October 9, 2008

I wanna be a cowboy's sweetheart


This afternoon I looked up and my hot cowboy in Wranglers was coming in the back door. I've been up at my sister's house for three weeks to help with my Mom. It is the longest I have been away from my sweetheart since we were married in 1982. We had a 26th wedding anniversary last month. Yes I admit we are old cowboy and cowgirl sweethearts.

You know, like the old folks you see in the store and you think it is cool how they still hold hands? Yep I know you've seen them and thought the same thing, right? Okay, so now me and hot cowboy are getting to that age but we think we are still young. LOL I want to be like Roy Rogers and Dale Evans and ride off into the sunset. Or John Wayne and his ranch wife in the movie The Cowboys. Yes I want to be like that.

So comfortable that we sit together on our old lawn glider at nightfall and watch fireflies lighting up in a dance across the hills in the evening. After supper I like it when he calls me outside to look at the moon. How I can look at him sitting a horse after twenty six years of watching him ride and I still want him. I see him across the room at a dance and I stand there and hope he asks me to dance and when he does and I step into his arms it feels like coming home.

1 comment:

Train Wreck said...

Oh I know just how you feel!! I love my Cowboy more every day!I am so thankful he walked into my life! I think it is awesome that there are others out there, just as in love as the day they fell in love! I had a jerk the first time around. This time I have Mr. Wonderful! You can bet I appreciate him!! He still makes my heart race with the sound of his voice and the touch of his hand.Mmmmmmm!Love Him!!