Monday, October 6, 2008

Finding the trail home


What a relief! I logged on to the AAPC website and found out that I passed my coding exam. WOO HOO!!! I am so glad that is over with. Seems funny to get a certificate that says I know how to do a job that I have already been doing for.., well let's just say a really long time now. It’s a strange world sometimes, isn’t it?

Now I can add a CPC-H after my signature as a Certified Professional Coder-Hospital Based. My main reason for doing this is in case I need a home-based job so that I can take care of my Mom who is 93. So now, the first thing on my “change your life” list has been accomplished.

It seems like it was yesterday that the Doctor I was training horses for came down to the barn and asked me, “Would you be interested in helping out at my office for a few days?” Events and decisions that seem so small can change your life. Paths taken, as well as paths not chosen, have outcomes that are not seen when you take the first step.

It was after this that I first began to choose things with my head instead of my heart. I began trading my passion for horses away. In return, I received safety and security, insurance and a 401K. All the things I thought I needed.

Can you go back? Can you really start over and be that 1970’s child who goes on a journey to find herself? I hope you’ll come back to check on me. I like thinking I have friends with me as I search for my trail less traveled and take my first steps in the direction that leads back home.

2 comments:

Train Wreck said...

Congratulations!!I bet you are so happy that you passed and can start working at home!
You my friend cannot be more than 40? Seriously! THanks for stopping by! Yes I am fortunate to have a Cowboy of my very own! Of course Sometimes I wonder what I am going to do with him! Ha ha Had to trow that in there! I would trade him for anything! I had a bad one the first time around, this ones a keeper!

Also I hope your mom is doing ok. How great that you are taking care of her. God bless you.

Train Wreck said...

Oh I am so bad about "proof reading!" I WOULDN"T TRADE him for anything!! LOL!! Bad, wife, bad!